On a Fragile Spider Thread

"I come to say goodbye, have to go now"
"No, take me with you!"
"If I could I would, but you don't fit in the luggage ... I'm sorry it didn't happen, it would have been beautiful!" - with that I stare into her eyes, and she realizes that for the first time I am not joking. She drops the laptop, jumps out of her chair, her pupils dilated taking in the whole space around us. Everything else disappears and time stops.

It happened in that place we go when our hearts jump into infinity. We hold hands, find a spot on a nearby couch with the excuse that we are tired and would like to take a nap, take down the lights, off the shoes ... "we both like colored socks!"- in a split-second we become lovers, my arms around her long, fragile frame.
"his this real or is a perm?" with my fingers through her hair.
"No, is mine, I was born with the hair of a poodle!"
I caress her arm -"And the skin of a dalmatian"- we laugh
"Tell me a story, do you know some story?"- my mind wanders, I remember seeing an ant, the ant was friend with a spider, and the tale of how spiders fly away on alight thread of fresh web when their eggs hatch comes out.

"They fly? How do they fly?"- like a curious child
"Easy, they make a thin, light strand of spiderweb and let go up like a kite in the wind"
"and they just let go?"
"Yes, they take a leap of faith"- I realize we are about to get back to reality, and I am almost afraid to lose this feeling.
Her voice weakens, she whispers softly "is that true? I mean, is that a true story?"- her warm back cuddled on my chest, facing the imaginary horizon, the skin behind her ears smells like heaven.
"Of course is true, it actually happens in springtime almost everywhere. Not all spiders do but many do it"
"But I have never seen it"
"Well, you need to pay more attention young lady"
"I will" and she sighs, while the world comes back at us rumbling. We literally feel the silence is fading away, and we are coming back from that place we went for that timeless instant. Back to the place we came from.

It's funny how in the middle of the confusion, holding each other make you feel a virtual silence, a sacred sphere where only two souls exist. Those are moments at the intersection of infinite possibilities, where reality offers you alternative futures and you can gamble with destiny.

It was meant to be like that, a series of brief moments. For the previous two days we had a different story every time we met. We rented a boat and traveled the world, I even fired her once, then she became the owner of the boat, we found each other on endless stairs, organized brief events, opened doors, looked for lost friends, went on a tour that did not happen. I looked for her, she looked for me in vain ... we never shared anything personal about each other, and we never shared any personal reality besides what we created together, right there at that moment; in the long now.

I never told her, afraid of scaring her away, of losing the opportunity of that intimate moment that would change our existence forever, when the spiders take a leap of faith. I never told her the truth: I am a dimensional traveler.
For unknown reasons I was born with the capability to sense when dimensional changes happen, and they happen all the time! Reality is nothing more than a collection of still frames, scenes floating in infinity where we trace a path that connects one frame to another throughout our existence, creating the illusion of the movie we call "life".
The difference between me and others is that I often realize when those shifts happen and sporadically I can ride the wave for an instant. Sometimes another dimensional traveler joins in the shift and the effect is always magic as long as your intentions are good. We create ripples in the space-time continuum. Some ripples will give birth to other realities, for other ourselves in other places and other times.

In this dimension it was not meant to be, but I love you. I always had and I always will, my tender dalmatian poodle :)


Popular Posts

Famous Blogs